In addition to lip-synching videos, you can create musicals, dance, acting and other types of short videos. It’s acompelling app with some interesting features.
TikTok (Musical.ly): how it works and tips and tricks
Upload videos directly from the gallery
It’s hard to record or create a video instantly. At times like these, you can upload videos from your gallery.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Start the TikTok app. Then press the Add button below.
- On the camera screen, touch the Load button. Here select the video you want to upload and press Next.
- In case you want to upload and merge multiple videos, touch the Select more option in the lower left corner. Then select all the videos you want.
- Change the length of individual clips in this step. You can also change the speed of the video. Press ahead once done.
- You can use various effects to your video. Finally, touch the Next button.
Create videos with photos
Instead of downloading a separate app to create video from images, you can use TikTok to create presentations.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Open the TikTok app and tap the Add icon at the bottom. Then touch the upload icon.
- On the upload screen, tap the Image tab and select the images you want to use to create a slideshow. Finally, press Slideshow in the upper right corner.
- Now you can add effects, change the sound and transitions to this presentation. When finished, click Next.
Download videos of others
TikTok is an incredible platform for discovering videos. Sometimes you would like to share them or download them to your phone. Fortunately, you can do both easily.
Here are the steps to download the video you like.
- Go to the video you want to download.
- Touch the Share icon on the right side. Now if you want to share the video with an app, select it from the topmost carousel. To download it to your phone, tap the Save Video button.
Sometimes you will not find the Save button below the Share option. This happens when a person has disabled the video download option. And if you want to prevent others from downloading your videos, TikTok offers more privacy options.
To change and view the privacy settings, follow these steps:
- Touch the Profile icon on the bottom tab. Then press the three-point icon in the upper right corner.
- Select Privacy and security. On the next screen, touch Who can download my video. Here you will find three options: All, Friends and Off. If you have a private profile, this setting will be turned off by default and no one will be able to download the video.
- Here you can change other privacy settings to allow selected people or everyone to send you messages or comments on your videos.
Make your private TikTok profile
You must set your profile to Private if you want only your followers to watch your musicals.
To switch to the private profile, touch the three-point icon in the upper right corner of the profile page. Then, in Privacy and Security, turn on the private account option.
Delete a video from your profile
In case you do not like the published video, you can always delete it and upload a new one. Here are the steps to delete a video.
- Open the video you want to delete and press the three-point icon on the right side.
- Scroll to the lower carousel and select Delete.
CREATE PERFECT LIP SYNC VIDEO
One of the main features of TikTok is to create lip synchronization videos. It is not an easy task to accurately synchronize your recording with a song. However, there are ways in which you can edit videos correctly.
- Once you’ve selected a song, touch the scissors icon on the right side to select the part of the song you want to include in your video.
- Likewise, once the video is recorded, press the Scissor icon again to define when the song should start.
Directly use a song that used another in your video
Very often we like a song from someone else’s lip-synching video and we want to use it to create our own version. Instead of searching for the song, you can start recording directly.
To do this, touch the circle with the album cover in the lower right corner. Then tap the recording option.
Create a video with another friend
Suppose you and your friend are in different countries and want to make a duet video. You do not have to go through the hassle of recording videos individually and then spend hours trying to sync them both. You can use the Duet function of the app.
To do this, open the video you want to create a duet from. Then tap the Share icon and select Duet. Now create a video as you normally would.
Record videos without holding the button
It is not always convenient to hold down the record button to shoot a video. To avoid this, you can use the timer function. Once enabled, the video will start recording automatically after a few seconds.
To do so, on the video capture screen, tap the timer icon and then press the Start Countdown button.
Try the tips and tricks above to create amazing videos. I bet they will make your creations more enjoyable with TikTok.