You need to post an image in the stories on the popular photo social network and now you are looking for an effective solution on the Internet. With this guide today we will see how to reduce the size of photos on Instagram stories using some applications.
How to resize photos on Instagram stories from the app itself
The official software of the popular photo social network integrates a feature that reduces the size of an image to fit the Instagram Stories.
Let’s see how to do:
- Grab your Android or iOS device, start the official app and log in if you have not done so.
- In the next step, press on your profile photo in the upper right corner with Your story written below or swipe from the left edge to the right to access the Instagram Stories screen.
- At this point, press on the thumbnail of the last photo taken with the smartphone on the bottom right (on Android) or on the bottom left (on iPhone) and then on the preview of the horizontal photo you want to upload through the stories.
- Now, to adapt it to the horizontal format, place two fingers on it and close them so as to zoom out.
- Once you have reached the desired result, just press on Your story on the bottom left to publish the content.
How to shrink photos on Instagram stories via the Gallery app
Another solution that can be used if you have an Android smartphone, in addition to the Instagram software, is the stock application used to open the photos. This is called Gallery or Photo. For example, if you have a Samsung smartphone of the latest generation, you can use the Gallery app.
Let’s see the steps to follow:
- Grab your Samsung device and open the Gallery app you find on the home screen or in the drawer.
- In the next step, click on the Images tab, identify the photo you want to upload to Instagram in landscape format and press on it.
- At this point, tap the square icon with an arrow pointing to the right and move the 4 side edges of the square inward to form a vertical image.
- Once you have reached the desired result, tap the Save button at the top right to proceed with saving.
- Now you just have to open the Instagram app and follow the same steps mentioned a short while ago.
How to shrink photos on Instagram stories via the Photos app
If you own an iDevice ( iPhone or iPad ), you can take advantage of the Photos app that Apple pre-installs on all its devices.
Here are the steps to follow:
- From your iOS terminal, click on the Photo icon to start it and then on Photo placed on the bottom left to access all the images saved on the iDevice.
- After identifying the desired image, tap on its thumbnail and then on the Edit button located at the top right.
- To proceed with the crop, press on the square containing two arrows at the bottom and create vertical proportions by acting on the side edges.
- Once you have reached the desired result, tap End in the lower right corner to automatically save the image as a new file.
- At this point, you just have to follow the same steps mentioned a while ago to publish the story on Instagram.
How to shrink photos on Instagram stories: other solutions
In addition to the software mentioned earlier, on Android and iOS you can take advantage of alternative applications to turn a vertical picture into a landscape in a few simple steps. Find the list below.