When someone sends you a document with the images and you have to save one of the images. Right-click on an image, but there’s no way to save it on your computer.
Fortunately, if you’re using Microsoft Office or Google Docs, there’s actually an elegant solution that you can use to save any image in any document on your computer.
How to save images from a Microsoft Word document
In some versions of Microsoft Word, you can simply right-click an image and save it to your computer. If this is not the case with the version you are using, you can use a similar trick to extract images from a Word document.
- Open the document and go to File> Save as.
- From the File Format drop-down menu, select Web Page (.htm).
- Go to the point where you saved the file and double-click to open it. It will open in the default browser.
- You can now right-click on images in the document and from the shortcut menu select Save Image As and save the image to the desired location.
How to save images from a Google document
So, if you’ve tried the obvious: by right clicking on the image, you already know it does not work. Instead, if you want to save an image in a Google document, here’s what you need to do:
- Go to File > Download as > Web Page (HTML).
- Open the ZIP file that was saved on your computer.
- Within this ZIP file, you will find a folder called Images, in which you will find all the images that have been inserted in that Google document.