Since you are not satisfied with the Clock app included as standard in Android and iOS, you are looking for an alternative solution to access some additional features or because you do not like the interface and then you want something new. In this new guide today we decided to select for you the best alarm app to download on your smartphone or tablet.
The first application we recommend to use on your Android/iOS smartphone/tablet is called Alarmy. The app boasts several really interesting features such as the Shaking Mode that allows you to turn off the alarm by shaking the smartphone or the Math Problem Mode that allows you to turn off the alarm by solving a math problem. In short, with this particular app you will never be late again in the morning.
Let’s see how it works together:
- After downloading the application from the Google Play Store or the App Store, depending on the device in your possession, install it and start it once completed.
- From the main screen, you already find 2/3 predefined alarms that you can customize according to your needs. To change one, just tap on, set the time you have to wake up, choose when to repeat it, set a custom ringtone by pressing Audio (on iOS) or Ringtone (on Android), set the volume using the appropriate slider, choose if add or not the vibration and customize other functions. As a shutdown method you can also choose to take a picture, shake your smartphone, solve a mathematical problem or scan a barcode or QR code.
- Once all the parameters have been set correctly, press OK/End at the bottom right to save it.
- Returning to the main screen, you can customize some options of the alarm just activated by pressing the 3 dots in the box of the same. For example, you can delete it, see a preview, skip it and go to the next alarm or duplicate it. To activate/deactivate it, however, you simply need to press the switch if you have an iPhone or an iPad or apply or remove the check box if you have an Android device.
- If you want to add a new alarm, just press the + button at the bottom right and choose Alarm from the menu that appears. In the first case you can quickly set an alarm while in the second you can adjust all the parameters in detail listed a short while ago.
Through the Alarmy settings you can choose to gradually increase the volume of the ringtone using the Increase volume gradually on Android and Volume increasing on iOS, use the speakers of the smartphone even if headphones are connected and more.
Alarm clock for me
Among the best alarm apps to download on Android and iOS we decided to also select Alarm for me. It is a completely free software that turns your device into an alarm which reproduces the favorite melodies, in a bedside clock with special themes and in a reliable daily assistant.
It also presents other interesting features such as bedside mode on Android that allows you to watch the time even at night while the device is charging or the ability to turn off the alarm by solving a mathematical operation or shaking the terminal.
That said, let’s see how to use it:
- Grab your Android/iOS terminal, proceed with the download from the Play Store or the App Store and start it once the installation is complete.
- From the screen that appears, press the button I understand and then create a new alarm by doing a single tap on the display and then pressing first on the + down and then on Alarm from the small menu that appears on iOS while on Android press on the bell at the bottom left to access the Alarms screen and then tap on the + on the bottom right.
- At this point, on iOS use the appropriate box at the top to set the time and then adjust the options Sound, Repeat, Resend, How to turn off and Note as you see fit. To preview the alarm, press Preview alarm. To confirm the saving, press Save on the top right. On Android, however, tap on the time located at the top, set the time when you have to wake up and press OK. Next, adjust the various settings proposed (eg Repeat, Sound and Music, Way to turn off the alarm, Fade in, and so on), press Alarm preview at the bottom to hear a preview and save it by tapping on Save .
- To activate/deactivate an alarm, it is necessary to press the little bell on the bottom left and plug on the switch next to the desired one. On iOS, however, press on the empty dot at the bottom (next to the clock) and, through the Tempo screen that appears at the top right, press the lever next to the desired alarm.
To customize the alarm clock for me settings, always make a simple tap on the display and then press the gear icon that appears at the top right. From here, you can customize different features such as the theme, the time of your city, the information to be displayed on the screen and much more.
Sleep Cycle alarm clock
If you are not satisfied with the solutions mentioned earlier, then we suggest using another free app called the Sleep Cycle alarm clock. It is a smart alarm that keeps track of your sleep and wakes you up when you are in the light sleep phase.
The awakening happens in a completely natural way, making you feel rested and full of energy. In addition to this, the app boasts other interesting features such as the ability to access complete statistics on sleep and daily charts or the function of postpone can be activated by shaking the smartphone.
Let’s see how to use it:
- Proceed with the download of the application from the Google Play Store for Android or the App Store for iOS and start it once the installation is complete.
- After giving all the necessary consents, you can try all the features for 1 month completely free by pressing the Start Free Trial button or by directly using the free version by tapping on Skip.
- In the next screen, you can immediately set an alarm using the appropriate box and confirm by pressing the Start button.
- At this point, the application suggests you place the device connected to the power supply. Press OK to confirm.
- In case you want to change the alarm, simply press the Change button that appears just below the current time. After finishing the changes, press the Change alarm button.
- If you wish to interrupt an alarm, instead, swipe from bottom to top on Stop.
By pressing the Settings menu (on the bottom right), you can modify many options made available by the Sleep Cycle alarm clock app. For example, you can customize the volume and the ring tone using the Sound option, choose the device to use to detect movements (between microphone or accelerometer ), adjust the delay mode and much more.
Best alarm clock app to download: alternatives
In conclusion, we have decided to list you of alternative applications to be exploited if you were not satisfied with the solutions listed just now.
- Alarm Clock Xtreme (Android)
- Alarm Clock (Android)
- AMdroid Alarm Clock (Android)
- Alarm clock’ (iOS)
- Easy Rise Alarm Clock (iOS)