As with Android, safety first and foremost, and if you have children on iOS and raise the stakes for greater safety of our children is vital. Not only direct controls but also setting up smartphones and tablets to prevent access to “hot” sites can help us.
Here is that preventing to visit adult porn websites is very important to protect your children and today we will see how to prevent access to these sites on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets with iOS operating system and I report part of the written guide time to block access even on Windows.
How to block adult porn websites on iOS
To block browsing on adult websites we can proceed in different ways but on iOS, unlike Android, everything is much more closed and the protections are unfortunately easily circumvented by a child awake.
Here’s how to do it.
Block site access for Adults on iOS
There are basically two ways to block access to adult sites on iOS, Safari or general settings. Here is the step by step guide.
Block iOS adult sites: Safari
You can block access to adult websites on Safari by going:
- Click on Enable restrictions
- Enter the security code to open the restrictions
- Now that if in the correct section you can select the various Apps to limit the use between which there is Safari and all the others
In doing so we hid the app from the Home making it impossible to navigate. The easiest solution is to not make the app accessible to browse.
Block iOS adult sites: All Content
Instead to block only adult content on iOS you can go to:
- Websites Restrictions
- And finally select one of the options
- All websites (Block all)
- Limit adult content (Block adult sites only)
- Only specific websites (we insert specific websites to block)
So doing so we will always have Safari in the Home but still access to adult websites will also be blocked on iOS.
Block websites for adults from the home router
The other method is to act directly on the home router and set the DNS to block the adult sites (DNS that you find at the bottom of the page) or enter the exclusions by hand.
To access the home router, usually from your browser on the digital PC the web address 192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.0, 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.254 or look for the online procedure to access your router based on the operator telephony or router model.
Once you have logged in to your router you can enter the DNS, the same for Windows that you find at the bottom of the article, or enter the exclusions by hand for each website.
Obviously the guide will work only if you are at home.
And on Windows how do I do it? Here’s how to block adult porn websites on Windows
Here it is a little simpler and on Windows it is sufficient to change the default DNS with the secure ones of OpenDNS. To do this, follow the instructions below:
- Click on the network connection icon next to the Windows clock (the white monitor if you are using a cable connection or the Wi-Fi connection slots if you are using a wireless connection)
- Click on the Open network connections and sharing center of the box that appears
- In the window that opens, click on the name of the connection in use (eg Local Area Connection (LAN)) if you are using Windows 7 or on the View Status item if you are using Vista
- Access the connection settings by clicking on the Properties button.
Now, scroll through the list. The connection uses the following elements and selects, by double clicking on it, the entry Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
In the window that will open, put the check mark next to the Use the following DNS server addresses, type the addresses of the following primary and secondary DNS servers in the Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS servers fields:
Preferred DNS server 188.8.131.52
Alternate DNS server 184.108.40.206
and finally click on the OK button twice in succession to save the settings as shown in the following screen:
Now, once someone tries to access a porn site, the following message will be displayed:
Well you ended up blocking adult sites on iOS and also on Windows.