Bypassing the unlock sequence (Reset Screen Lock) could be very useful when you forget the password of a phone to return to access your data. Xiaomi users are increasing in exponential numbers and we often use Pattern Lock on the phone for security reasons.
The main reason why we lock the screen is to keep data on the phone away from prying eyes. You do not want to show your personal images, social media accounts, emails and other private data. This is the reason why we set the Pattern, Pin or Password on our phone.
Now, what happens if we forget the unlocking sequence? In an attempt to unlock, you will see the error ” Your phone has been blocked to try again in 119 minutes ” on the lock screen. This is the guide for those who have forgotten the password, pattern or screen unlock on Xiaomi devices. The following method works on all Xiaomi devices with MIUI 7/8/9 including Redmi Note 4, Redmi Note 3, Redmi 5, 5A. Read on to know how to bypass Xiaomi phone unlock sequence.
Bypass password or Pattern Xiaomi phones with Mi Password Remover
To perform this procedure, it is not necessary to unblock the phone bootloader or flash anything. You can unlock the Xiaomi phone you can not remember your password with this simple trick. Be careful not to make mistakes in the procedure, you may lose your phone data.
Reset Pattern Lock Requirements:
- Download ADB Driver and Install it on your Windows PC..
- You must also install MI PC Suite for drivers.
- Download Mi Password Remover
Steps to remove Pattern Lock on MIUI 8/9
1. Start your Xiaomi smartphone in Fastboot mode. To do this, turn off the phone and press Power + Volume down simultaneously for a few seconds.
2. On reboot you are in Fastboot mode.
3. Download Mi Password Remover from previous download links and extract it to your computer.
4. In the extraction folder you will find some files which are: adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll, AdbWinUsbApi.dll and Mi Reset.bat.
5. Make sure you have installed the ADB and Fastboot drivers and connect the smartphone to the computer via the USB cable.
6. Run “Mi Reset.bat “. When you press the button, the process that will remove the pattern lock of the phone will start.
7. Run “adb.exe” again and enter the following command to restart the phone normally.
Compliments! You have unlocked the phone. Now you can put a new unlock pattern on your Xiaomi phone.
To avoid losing your data in cases like these that you can not unlock the phone, it is always a good idea to make a backup of the data periodically. Find out how to do this with this guide.