It may happen that you have forgotten the Password or PIN of your android smartphone. The first thing you think about is trying to restore the device, resulting in data loss. The second choice is to access the recovery of the phone and restore it to the factory settings, but even in this case you will lose all the data on the device. It would be very interesting to know a method that can easily bypass the device lock code without deleting or losing the stored data or settings. If you have this need, do not worry, because in this guide we will see this solution.
Our Dr. Ketan (XDA user) has developed a great solution to bypass PINs and passwords on Android devices. In case the device password is lost, via a zip file to be flashed on the phone, you can immediately bypass the screen lock. The most interesting thing about this solution is that you do not have to worry about data loss or your phone settings. Dr. Ketan’s tool was initially thought to work only on Samsung Galaxy devices, but after trying it on different devices, it was verified that the tool is able to bypass the lockscreen of most Android devices without any problem.
So far this tool has been tested on Sony Xperia Z, Xperia Z1, HTC One X, HTC One, One S, Sensation XE, Desire, Desire HD, Wildfire, Wildfire S, Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, Note 2, Note 3, Tab 2 7.7 and other devices, successfully unlocking all these devices without side effects. It is also worth trying on your device, you never know!
Now let’s see how to bypass the screen lock code:
- First of all, it is necessary to have a recovery installed on the device like CWM or TWRP Recovery. You can find here some of our guides on how to install them.
- Download the Lock Screen Security Bypass.zip file on your computer.
- Copy the downloaded zip file to the phone’s SD card.
- Now start the Recovery on your phone. The methods are different for different devices. For example, for HTC you can press Volume Down + Power key and then select the restore mode.
- For Sony, turn off the device, turn it on and, as soon as you see the Sony logo, press the Volume Up key.
- For Samsung, turn off the device completely, now turn it on by holding down Volume Up + Home key + Power key.
- >Once you are in Recovery mode, select “Install Zip> Select ZIP from SD card> Lock Screen Security Bypass.zip> yes”.
- Wait for the file to be flasked on the device.
- Once flasked, you can restart the device.
- Now turn on the device.
- Magically the block is gone!
After switching on your smartphone and after following the procedure to bypass the lock code of your phone, you will notice the presence of all your data and device settings.