In this guide we will see the best programs to monitor and control the internal PC temperature of CPU, GPU, Disk, Motherboard and other computer components
As now every summer explodes with unbearable infernal heat, you can not neglect how high the temperature can affect the performance of the computer, which can also get damaged if the hardware inside the PC is too hot.
In the silence of every room, at home and in the office, you can hear the sound of fans whirling around trying to cool the processor and the disc, which are the two most delicate components to control. Since the temperature in the PC is so important, the manufacturers have mounted, for the most sensitive hardware pieces, the heat sensors, to ensure that, in the event of excessive heat, the PC disconnects everything off before it catches fire or burns some circuit.
To avoid getting to that point, it is worthwhile, especially in summer, especially on laptops and desktop computers very dusty, check the temperature detected in the PC by sensors on CPU, graphics card (GPU), motherboard and disk, using a dedicated program.
The best and free programs to control the heat and temperature of computers on PCs and laptops (even Macs) are:
1) SpeedFan is the most famous program to control the temperature of the processor, which also allows you to watch the fan speed.
It can also be set to control the disk temperature and the overall internal temperature of the computer (ie the motherboard, the CPU and the CPU video card ).
Although it is a very popular program, it does not work completely on every model of laptops and desktops and in some cases some values will not be visible.
SpeedFan can be used to make anomalous measurements overheating and receiving alarms if the temperature becomes too high and also to manually set the fan speed.
Although theoretically, the fan speed can be lowered to reduce energy consumption or reduce run touch that configuration if you are not an expert.
2) Core Temp is used to control the temperature of the Intel and AMD processors on Windows 7, 8 and Windows 10
Among the features, there is the function to save information so you can make comparisons and detect, over time, if there they are unexpected overheating or if everything is regular.
Core Temp is fast and accurate, even if supported by advertising during installation.
Core Temp can be kept running in order to control temperature and heat in the PC at all times from its icon near the clock, on the desktop.
Moreover, this program allows to receive alarms if the detected heat is higher than a certain temperature.
3) Real Temp, a tool for Windows that allows you to control the heating of CPU and GPU.
This is a portable program, which requires no installation, good for both desktop PCs and laptops.
You can also set a maximum temperature and an alarm if it is exceeded.
4) Open Hardware Monitor displays, in its interface, the temperature of the CPU, graphics card, hard disk and motherboard as well as other information on these components.
During the real time control of the values, you can compare the current temperatures in degrees Celsius and the maximum points and it can become a great way to find out if the cooling system is sufficient for the time of year and the environment in which the computer is located.
5) HWMonitor is very similar to Open Hardware Monitor (CPU, GPU, hard disk and motherboard) with the addition of SMART values of the hard disk.
Here, too, the temperature of the CPU, hard disk and video card can be controlled precisely and reliably with the min and max values displayed next to the current heat readings of the components.
6) hwinfo32 is one of the best programs ever to get an overview of the hardware information of a computer, also capable of monitoring in real time all the temperatures inside the PC by the sensors.
HWInfo is also great for saving reports and graphs.
Heating values can be displayed in both Celsius and Fahrenheit.
7) Speccy is a program to check the hardware specifications of the computer also capable of showing the temperatures of CPU, graphics card, hard disk and motherboard.
8) OCCT is a very accurate and powerful program of stability tests of the cores in the CPU that can be useful to determine if the hardware components are good when the temperature increases.
This is an important tool to use on gaming PCs and while using heavy programs.
9) CrystalDiskInfo is a program that specializes in checking the state of the disk and its temperature.
With a clear and easy-to-use interface, there is really no difficulty in finding all the information and monitoring the heating of hard disk or internal SSD drive to the PC
10) For Macs you can use the free Macs Fan Control program that allows you to control the temperature on both PPC Macs and Intel Macs.
Take into account that even if it is not too common, overheating is one of the causes of damage to hard disks visible from frequent errors and slow loading.
In more frequent cases, high heat can cause computers to shut down by themselves suddenly, and prolonged situations of overheating can lead to the expensive processor.
In the case of laptops or netbooks, controlling the temperature can also be useful to save the battery and the energy consumption caused by the running of the fans.