After careful analysis you have decided to subscribe to Prime Video to take advantage of all the other services provided by the Prime subscription of the well-known online shopping platform. Now, however, you would like to find out how to download movies from Amazon Prime Video to watch them offline on your smartphone or tablet. In the next few lines we will go to find out precisely the steps to follow in order to do it.
Before you see how to download a movie from Amazon Prime Video on your mobile device, we recommend that you perform a preliminary operation, which is to manage certain settings such as content quality.
If you have an Android smartphone or tablet, do so:
- Open the ‘official app for Amazon Prime Video, tap on 3 dashes at the top left, or make one swipe from the left edge to the right and choose Settings from the side menu that appears.
- In the next step, press on Streaming and download and click on Download Quality.
- Through the screen shown, choose the preferred quality by pressing on Maximum, High, Good, Data saving or Always ask (to select the preferred quality for each download).
- Once this is done, activate the Download only with Wi-Fi connection option to choose whether or not to download videos using only the wireless network. If your Android device has a micro SD inserted in the slot, you can also choose to download the film on it by activating the option Download video on SD card.
In case you were in possession of an iPhone or an iPad, instead, you will have to follow the steps listed below:
- Open the Amazon video streaming platform app and tap the Settings item at the bottom right.
- In the screen that appears, press on Streaming and download and then tapped on Download Quality.
- On the next screen, set Maximum, High, or Good according to your preferences.
- Go back and press on the switch next to Download only with Wi-Fi connection if you wish to proceed with the download using only a wireless network.
How to download movies from Amazon Prime Video on Android
After managing settings regarding the quality and the download, you are now ready to download your favorite movies to Prime Video of Amazon. In this chapter we will take care of the steps to be performed on a device equipped by Google’s mobile operating system.
Let’s see how to proceed:
- Open the streaming platform app of the e-commerce giant and search for the desired movie using the Movie section or the magnifying glass in the upper right corner.
- After pressing on the poster of the chosen film, click on the Download button and if necessary, tap on Maximum, High, Good or Data Saving from the Download Options window if you have chosen the Always Ask Before Download option.
- The Download button will turn into a progress bar that shows the percentage of downloads. If you want to change the download quality, suspend or cancel it, just press the button and choose the desired option.
- You can continue to follow the progress of the download through the Download menu available from the side ( by swiping from the left edge to the right or pressing the three dashes on the top left).
- Once the download is complete, just press the Play button to start production of the film.
How to download movies from Amazon Prime Video on iPhone and iPad
If you have an iOS device, instead, you can download the favorite film to watch offline on your iPhone or iPad by following a few simple steps.
Let’s find out what they are:
- Open the Amazon Prime Video app and use the Movie section or the Search field at the top right to find the film to download.
- After pressing on the movie poster, tapped the button Download to start the download that will be visible through the progress bar this under the heading Downloading ….
- If you want to pause or stop the download completely, tap the Options button and choose Pause Download or Cancel.
- At the end of the download, the film can be reproduced from the Download menu available at the bottom and simply tapping the Play button.
Remember that the downloaded content can be reproduced within 30 days from the download. Once playback has started, however, you will only have 48 hours to complete the viewing.