Since you would like to access your Facebook account from a new device, you no longer remember the security key. At Teknologya we have created a special guide where we explain in detail how to see your Facebook password from a smartphone, tablet and computer.
How to see your Facebook password on Android
If you have a smartphone or tablet equipped with Google’s mobile operating system, Android, you can recover your Facebook profile password in a really simple way. All you need to do is access the Smart Lock feature where all the login data associated with your Google account is saved.
That said, let’s find out together how to access it:
- Open the Settings by pressing on the gear icon in the main screen, in the drawer or by pulling down the notifications curtain and then press on Google to access the Google Settings.
- On the next screen, locate the Services section and then press on the item Smart Lock for password.
- In the screen shown, look for the Saved Passwords section and press on Google Account just below. The Password Manager page will automatically open in the default browser (eg Chrome ).
- At this point, scroll down the page until you find facebook.com or use the search field at the top.
- Once you have found the word facebook.com, click on it, confirm the password of your Google account by entering it in the appropriate field and tap on Next.
- Now, press on the barred eye at the hidden password to view it. If you wish to copy it, you simply need to press on the icon of the two pages present next to the crossed eye.
How to see your Facebook password on iOS
On iPhone and iPad, however, you can take advantage of iCloud Keychain that works very similarly to Smart Lock for passwords present on Android. Thanks to this feature integrated by Apple, you will be able to access all the security keys saved on the iOS device.
That said, let’s find out together how to access it:
- Press the gear icon on the device’s home screen to open the Settings and then choose Password and account.
- Once this is done, press App Password and Web Sites at the top, type in the unlock code or use the Touch ID or Face ID to access the Password screen.
- At this point, locate the letter F in the list pressed on the entry facebook.com. If not, use the Search field at the top to find Facebook if you have many passwords stored.
- Once pressed on facebook.com, you will find the protection key in the Password field.
If you use an older version of iOS, you can access the iCloud Keychain by following the path Settings > Safari > General > Password.
How to see your Facebook password through Google Chrome
If you use Google Chrome to access Facebook, you can discover the credentials in a really simple way. On the computer version, carefully follow the steps listed below:
- Open the Big G Internet browsing program, press the 3 dots at the top right and choose Settings from the menu that appears.
- After that, locate the AutoFill section and click on Password.
- At this point, use the Search password field located at the top right to find Facebook or alternatively take the list in the Saved passwords section as a reference.
- Once you have found facebook.com, click on the eye at the e-mail address and then enter the password for your Windows account or scan your fingerprint if you have a laptop with fingerprint reader.
- Without this operation, instead of the dots you will find the password of your Facebook profile.
If you have mobile, and in particular on Android smartphones and tablets, you can find out the password to access the popular social network using Google Chrome like this:
- Open the Big G browser app, press the 3 dots at the top right and choose Settings from the menu displayed.
- In the next step, tap on Password in the Basic Settings section.
- Now, use the magnifying glass located at the top right to find Facebook or scroll down the list under the Password section.
- Once the domain of the social platform (which can be facebook.com), tap on it and then tapped on ‘eye present at the encrypted password.
- After confirming the identity by entering the unlock code, by scanning the iris, the impression or the face, you will find the protection key in clear text.
On iPhone and iPad, on the other hand, it is possible to discover the Facebook password through Chrome by following the steps listed below:
- Open the navigation app, tap on the 3 horizontal dots at the top right and choose Settings from the menu shown.
- In the next step, click on Password and scroll down the list under Saved passwords until you find the entry facebook.com. If you can’t find it, we recommend using the Search password field above.
- Once it is found correctly, plug us in and then press on the Show item under the Password section. The access key will be shown after entering the unlock code, scanning the fingerprint via Touch ID or scanning the face via the Face ID.
How to see your Facebook password through Mozilla Firefox
Do you use Firefox to access your Facebook account? From your computer, you can recover your profile password in a really simple way.
Let’s find out how to do it:
- Open the Internet browsing program, click on the 3 dashes at the top right and choose Options from the menu that appears.
- At this point, press the Privacy and security menu using the left sidebar, locate the Access and password section and press the Saved accesses button ….
- Now, take the Site column as a reference and locate the Facebook address or alternatively use the search field at the top.
- Once this is done, select the address by clicking with the left mouse button, choose your password and confirm the display by pressing Yes from the alert Display the stored passwords?. The protection key will be found under the Password column.
On Android, instead, you can recover your Facebook password using the mobile version of Firefox. Here’s how:
- Open the application, press the 3 dots at the top right and choose Settings from the menu displayed.
- After that, tap on Privacy and then choose Access Manager under the Accesses section.
- On the screen that appears, scroll down the list until you find the Facebook address or use the magnifying glass on the top right to find the URL.
- Once found, plug us in and choose Show password from the menu that appears. If you wish, you can also copy it to the clipboard by pressing the Copy button.
On iPhone and iPad, instead, do this:
- Always open the Mozilla Firefox app, press the 3 dashes at the top right and choose Settings.
- In the next step, locate the Privacy section and choose Access.
- At this point, click on the letter F in the list, scroll down the list or use the Search field at the top to find the address of the social network.
- Now, tap on the address, make a simple tap on the encrypted password and press Show from the small menu that appears just above to view the access key.
How to see your Facebook password through Microsoft Edge
If you have a PC equipped with Windows 10 and use the Microsoft Edge browser to surf the Internet, you can recover your Facebook account password in a very simple way.
Let’s see together how to do it:
- Through the search field present in Start, type the term credential management and then press the appropriate result among those proposed.
- Through the Control Panel window, choose Web Credentials and locate the Facebook address via the Web Password section.
- At this point, to find the password for accessing your account, press the down arrow and then press the Show button next to the Password item. To see the access key, you must enter the password of your account or scan the fingerprint if you have a notebook with an ID reader.
Instead, from Android smartphones and tablets, do the following:
- Open Microsoft Edge, press the 3 dots at the bottom right and choose Settings from the menu that appears.
- At this point, choose Save password, then take the Password section as a reference and find the address facebook.com.
- Once identified, plug us up and then press on the eye next to the encrypted access key.
- After confirming your identity through the unlocking system, the password will appear in the clear. You will also be able to copy it by pressing on the two sheet icon.
On iPhone and iPad it is possible to do the same operation on Microsoft Edge by starting the app, pressing on the 3 dots at the top right and choosing Settings. After that, tap on Privacy at the top and then choose Password saved in the Password section. In the new screen shown, press on Facebook and display the password by pressing the appropriate button.
How to see your Facebook password via Safari
Finally, if you use Safari on your Mac, iPhone or iPad to surf the Internet, you can easily recover the access password by following a few simple steps. On Mac, start the browser, click on the Safari menu at the top left and choose Preferences. After that, go to the Password tab, enter the password of your user account and then find the facebook.com address through the list displayed. At this point, you just need to click on it to see the protection key.
Unfortunately, Safari for iOS does not have an integrated menu to access saved passwords, so in this case you will have to rely on iCloud Keychain as explained in the previous lines.