Forgot your Wi-Fi password? Here is a quick way to find out the Wi-Fi password on Mac.
If you need to find the Wi-Fi password, perhaps because you want to share it with a friend or use it on another device, there is a simple procedure on the Mac that can help you in these situations.
I’m talking about Keychain Access, a very useful application already present in macOS systems that stores and manages different types of passwords such as applications, websites and much more.
So, if unfortunately you have to forget a password you can use the following system to solve the problem in a few simple steps.
How to find the WiFi password on Mac
- Go to Applications-> Utility-> Keychain Access to launch the application. Alternatively, you can open the Spotlight search at the top right of the menu bar (or simply press cmd + space bar on your keyboard), then type Keychain Access.
- In the left column click on System and select the item Password below.
- Locate the WiFi network in question and double-click on it to open it. For convenience you can also use the search function at the top right.
- Put the flag in the Show password box and enter the administrator password, if required.
- If necessary, enter the User name and password again.
- At this point the game is done !!! The Wi-Fi password will appear in the text box next to Show password.