Today almost everyone has an iPhone or an Android phone. One of the easiest ways to differentiate your device from another is to have a nice ringtone. Having a unique sound for calls or messages can be invaluable in a crowded room, because it is important to avoid the old system default tones that everyone else uses. Creating custom ringtones for Android & iOS is easy!
How to create custom ringtones | Android & iOS
Buy a ringtone for your iPhone
The official way to get custom ringtones for your iPhone is to buy them through the iTunes Music Store directly on your phone.
This procedure is very simple and downloads the ringtone directly to your device.
- On the home screen, touch the Home button to view the iOS search menu.
- Type iTunes to search for the iTunes program.
- Select iTunes.
- Click More at the bottom right of the screen to view more options.
- Select Tones to go to the ringtone section.
- Touch any song to preview or double-tap to view details.
- Tap on the price to go to the cashier and buy the ringtone.
Create a custom ringtone for my iPhone
However, if you want to customize your ringtone from any song you own, you have an unofficial alternative.
- On the computer with which you sync the device, open iTunes.
- Search and select the song you want to turn into a ringtone.
- Right click on the song and select Get Info.
- In the Information window that opens, select the Options tab.
- Set the start and end times of the snippet song you want to use, and then click OK. Do not use a snippet that lasts longer than 30 seconds.
- Return to the iTunes window, right-click on the song and select Create AAC Version
Your snippet should appear in iTunes. You can easily know what the duration of the track is.
- Right-click on the clip and select Show in Windows Explorer. This action will detect and show the file on your computer.
- Hold down the Ctrl key and drag the file to a white space in the window. This move will create a copy of the file in the same area.
- Right-click on the copy in Windows and select Rename.
- Change the file extension from .m4a to .m4r. You may need to enable the display of file extensions in Windows.
- Double-click the newly created file from .m4r to add it to the iTunes Tones section.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer and highlight the device in iTunes.
- In the Tones section of the device, press the sync button. The ringtone will now be transferred to the device.
- Once synchronization is complete, go to the Settings app on your phone, and then click Sounds.
- Tap the Ringtone section and select the custom ringtone.
Create a custom ringtone for my Android
To create a custom ringtone for Android devices, you can follow the same unofficial process as above but keep the file as .MP3 or .AAC.
Upload the file to the microSD card of your mobile phone. Go on your Android phone and find the file between your songs and long press until you open a menu.
From there you can choose whether you want to use the file as a ringtone or as a notification tone.
We just finished talking about how to create custom ringtones for Android & iOS. Have you set your ringtones?