The developer and hacker Jonathan Levin has released LiberiOS, a new jailbreak tool that allows, for the first time, the release of iOS 11 and subsequent versions of Apple’s latest operating system. Let’s see how to download and use the program.
- LiberiOS is a jailbreak tool that supports iOS 11, iOS 11.0.1, iOS 11.0.2, iOS 11.0.3, iOS 11.1, iOS 11.1.1, iOS 11.1.2.
- Actuaomenmte this tool is not able to jailbreak on iOS 11.2 and iOS 11.2.1, as well as on iOS 11.2.5.
- The jailbreak tool supports all iOS devices upgraded to iOS 11 or later compatible versions, so iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus , iPhone SE, iPhone 5s, iPad Pro 12.9 “, iPad Pro 12.9” (second generation), iPad Pro 10.5 “, iPad Pro 9.7”, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad (2017), iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3 , iPad mini 2.
- This jailbreak is semi-tethered and therefore requires the re-execution of some steps that you will find in our guide every time you restart the device.
- Perform a full backup, possibly on both iTunes and iCloud, of your device before proceeding with unlocking.
- Also make sure your device has enough battery to complete the entire unlocking operation.
We also remember that Saurik has stated that he is working on a new Jailbreak that fully supports Cydia and substrates.
Note: Currently Cydia is not included in this jailbreak and therefore will not be installed during the execution of the procedure. We advise against searching and installing Cydia via unofficial sources. Much better to await official developments in view of an upcoming release of this jailbreak tool. Also, Cydia Substrate needs to be updated to work on iOS 11.
Note 2: this is a first release of LiberiOS and probably the tool will be improved later, including the automatic installation of Cydia and compatibility with the Mobile Substrate.
- LiberiOS Jailbreak .IPA file ( DOWNLOAD )
- Cydia Impactor ( DOWNLOAD )
- A PC / Mac / Linux.
- An Internet connection.
- An Apple ID Developer account.
1. First download LiberiOS Jailbreak and Cydia Impactor from the links above. Cydia Impactor is a computer program, available in PC, Mac and Linux versions. Download, of course, the version compatible with your operating system.
2. Install LiberiOS IPA using Cydia Impactor: to do this connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to the computer via the cable and open Cydia Impactor on your computer. Then drag the LiberiOS file onto the program and enter the email address of your Apple ID and its password. Do not worry, the data will only be sent to Apple. An Apple Developer account is required otherwise the process will fail.
3. Once the automatic process of Cydia Impactor is over, you will find the LiberiOS app on the home screen of your device. Before opening it, go to Settings> General> Device Management and click on the new profile you just installed on your device. So touch on “authorize developer”.
4. Now return to the Home screen and open the “LiberiOS” app and click on “Do it” to start the actual jailbreak procedure. From this moment on the unlocking procedure will be completely automatic and at the end you will have in your hands a device with iOS 11 jailbroken. LiberiOS will confirm the execution of the jailbreak with the message “It worked”.
5. Once this is done, each time the device is restarted, it will be necessary to run the LiberiOS app again to use all the tweaks installed on the device. Alternatively, the device will start in a non-jailbroken state. We must also remember that the LiberiOS profile expires every 7 days, so it will be necessary to re-install the app every week via Cydia Impactor.
As mentioned earlier, this jailbreak is still preliminary and will probably be improved in the future. If you are not a developer or you do not have enough knowledge to proceed with the manual installation of Cydia or the various tweaks, we suggest you wait for a later, more stable release. Alternatively, do not hesitate to let us know how you are finding with LiberiOS!