Are you wondering how to create PDF quickly and easily from any device in your possession? You have come right in the right guide! In the next lines, in fact, we will list all the programs, applications and online tools that allow you to create files of this format quickly and easily, starting from documents created with a writing program such as Microsoft Word or from some web pages visited with the browser. That said, let’s not waste any more time and see immediately what they are!
- How to create PDF on Windows PC
- How to create PDF with Mac
- How to create a PDF file on PC: alternatives
- How to create PDF with Android
- How to create PDF with iPhone / iPad
- How to create PDF on smartphones and tablets: alternatives
- How to create PDF online
How to create PDF on Windows PC
If you are a Windows user, then you can rely on a series of programs and applications to use on your beloved computer to create free PDF with a few simple clicks. Let’s see what they are.
Microsoft Print to PDF
If you have a PC with Windows 10 you must know that you can use a virtual printer to save documents and other types of files quickly and easily without installing third-party programs.
Let’s see how to use it:
- Open the document you want to print through the default software (eg Firefox ) and locate the Print command that is usually found in File.
- In the window that appears, in the Printer drop-down menu, choose Microsoft Print to PDF or Save as PDF.
- Once the option has been set correctly, click on Print and choose the destination path where you want to save the file.
In case you have an older version of the Microsoft operating system or you always use Windows 10 but look for an alternative to that stock, we advise you to use DoPDF. This is a totally free software that can also be used for commercial purposes.
All you have to do after downloading and installing on your Windows computer is to open the file you want to export to Portable Document Format, look for the Print command (which is usually found in the File menu ) and choose DoPDF in the list of available printers. This powerful tool also allows you to manage the output file quality according to your needs.
PDFill FREE PDF Tools
PDFill FREE PDF Tools is a great tool dedicated to all those people who wonder how to create PDF with photos. In fact, it is possible to start from different images in JPG, PNG or BMP format to realize the final file. Once the download and installation of the software is complete, open it and choose the Convert images to PDF option. Drag the images you want to bring back into the file and click on Save as to complete the operation.
How to create PDF with Mac
If you have an Apple Mac or MacBook, then you can create custom-sized PDFs using custom-made software or two pre-installed tools from the bitten apple. Let’s find out together!
MacOS virtual printer
Just as seen on Windows 10, even the operating system of Apple has a virtual printer that allows you to turn any type of document into Portable Document Format.
Here’s how to use it:
- Open the document you want to convert to PDF and look for the Print command from the File menu.
- Once you’ve done that, from the PDF pull-down menu, located at the bottom left, choose Save as PDF.
- Confirm the procedure by pressing on Print.
Preview is one of the most interesting applications pre-loaded by Apple in its operating system. This utility can be exploited by all those users who wonder how to create PDF from JPG in a very simple way.
Let’s see together the steps to follow:
- Open the image you want to integrate into the file and then press on Preview.
- From the Thumbnails option, drag the other images to the sidebar of the program.
- Once the procedure is complete, click on any thumbnail and select all the images using the Cmd + A key combination.
- Once you have done this, identify the Print function from the File menu and choose the Save as PDF option by pressing the PDF drop down menu located at the bottom left.
PDF Expert is a powerful editor that allows you to create files of this type in a very simple and fast way from your Mac. You can do this by simply downloading the software from the official website and open it once the installation is complete. Next, from the File menu, choose New File or you can quickly create it using the Cmd + N key combination.
How to create a PDF file on PC: alternatives
If you are not satisfied with the programs for Windows and macOS seen recently, then you can rely on other software available on the net. Here they are listed below.
- LibreOffice (Windows / macOS / Linux)
- OpenOffice (Windows / macOS / Linux)
- Microsoft Office (Windows / macOS)
- PDFCreator (Windows)
- PrimoPDF (Windows)
- Free PDF Printer (Windows)
- SodaPDF (Windows)
- Xodo PDF Reader & Editor (Windows)
- Foxit MobilePDF (Windows)
How to create PDF with Android
You do not have your Windows or Mac PC at hand but do you have your Android device available? Here are some applications to be able to create free PDF from the Google mobile operating system in a simple and fast.
Android virtual printer
As seen on Windows 10 and MacOS, Android also integrates a virtual printer that allows you to create PDF files with multiple pages intuitively and especially quickly without installing third-party apps.
Let’s find out how to use it:
- Open a printable document using an application (eg Chrome or Word ) and locate the Sharing icon or from the main menu of the app by pressing on the 3 points or dashes that are usually located at the top right or top left.
- After you have entered the Share menu, look for the Print command in the window that opens.
- From the new screen that appears, press the printers drop-down menu and select Save as PDF.
- Once this is done, tap the PDF icon and select the folder in which you want to store the file.
Xodo PDF Reader and Editor
Also available for Windows through the Microsoft Store and for iPhone and iPad through the App Store, Xodo PDF Reader and Editor is a powerful all-in-one PDF reader and editor that also lets you quickly and easily create files of this type.
Among its most interesting features there is the ability to automatically synchronize changes to files with this format with Dropbox or Google Drive or add a signature or compile documents directly from your smartphone or Android tablet.
AndrOpen Office is basically a port of OpenOffice for Android that allows you to have a complete suite of document creation and management on your device. Using the Writer component, in particular, you can export documents in PDF format in a simple and fast and completely free.
How to create PDF with iPhone/iPad
Also for iDevice there are several tools and applications that allow you to create PDF in a simple, fast and above all for free. Let’s see what they are together.
iOS virtual printer
Given that Apple has implemented a similar tool also on macOS, could not certainly be missing on the mobile operating system that uses on iPhone, iPad and iPod.
Let’s see how to use it:
- Open the document you want to convert to a PDF file and press the Sharing icon (a square with an arrow pointing up).
- After that, from the small box that appears, choose Print and then zoom in on the thumbnail of the document you want to print.
- Then, press the Sharing icon again and choose with which app you want to save the document in PDF format. For example, you can use iCloud Drive, Dropbox or Google Drive.
Pages is another powerful application for iDevices developed by Apple that allows you to create PDF from iPhone and iPad simply by using the option Send a copy from the menu that opens after pressing on the 3 points and then tapping on PDF. In addition to this, we remind you that Pages allows you to create reports, digital books, resumes, posters and much more using the personal iDevice.
Notability is a powerful application but at the same time very simple that allows you to take notes and add notes to PDF files. The only thing to accept is its cost of 6.99 dollars.
How to create PDF on smartphones and tablets: alternatives
If you are looking for more efficient solutions to create PDF files on your Android or iOS smartphone or tablet, then you can also consider the applications that we propose below.
- Foxit Mobile PDF ( Android/iOS )
- PDF Expert (iOS)
- Polaris Office ( Android / iOS )
- PDF reader (Android)
How to create PDF online
If you do not want to install applications and/or programs on PC and smartphone/tablet, then you could rely on online tools accessible through a simple browser. Let’s see what they are together.