Sometimes we encounter the problems with our smartphone that we can not solve. If you own an Apple product, formatting the iPhone may be the right solution. Returning the device to the factory conditions, in fact, we cancel any possible changes that may have caused malfunctions.
In this guide, we will see how to reset the iPhone and bring it back to factory settings. This is a fairly simple and not too long procedure. First of all, however, we advise you to make a backup of your data so as not to risk losing anything.
How to format iPhone
Once you are sure that all your data has been saved on your PC or iCloud, we can reset the iPhone. This will completely clean your device and it will be like using one just out of the box.
A factory reset, in addition to being useful to solve any problems, is essential if you want to sell iPhone, or maybe pass it to a friend. In this way, you will delete all your sensitive data preventing access to strangers.
- Take your iPhone in hands, unlock it and go to the settings.
- Here you go in general and then restore. In this tab you will find several items, including reset settings.
- Select this item and enter your unlock code to confirm.
- iPhone will reboot and the reset process will begin. All your information, accounts, applications and personal data will now be deleted.
- Once the operation is complete, you will find yourself in the configuration wizard. Here you will have to enter your Apple ID and decide whether to restore a backup. you can do it either by connecting your smartphone to iTunes or using iCloud.
Now we have formatted the iPhone correctly. All your problems should be solved. If, on the other hand, you wanted to sell it, you are ready to free the pocket without fearing for your data.
Format iPhone from iTunes
If you prefer to use your PC to format iPhone, you can choose to use iTunes. The famous manager of Apple in fact this option allows many other things.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer using the supplied Lightning cable and wait for iTunes to start up and recognize the device.
- Press on the iPhone icon to access the next menu that will allow us to format it and select the summary item.
- The process will take a few minutes, depending on the speed of your connection. This is because to restore iPhone will be downloaded the latest version of iOS.
- Once this part is finished iTunes will ask you if you want to configure iPhone as new or restore a previous backup.
Simple, right? formatting iPhone is now really a breeze.
Now that we have learned how to format the iPhone, you no longer have to worry about any problems. The key thing, if you do not want to lose your data, is that you always remember to make a backup, whether it is on iTunes or iCloud doesn’t matter.