PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds is the “father” of modern Battle Royale games. See how to play PUBG and take the doubts of the beginning players of this tense game. In our guide, we will cover the minimum requirements for all versions: Normal, Lite, mobile and what settings or strategies can help beginners on their journey to survival.
PUBG is available on the PC ( Windows ), PS4, Xbox One and mobile versions for iOS (iPhone) and Android. The game from Korean producer Bluehole uses the Unreal Engine 4 engine, widely used in action games.
The game was created by Brendan Greene, an experienced mod developer for other games, inspired by the movie Battle Royale (2000). The basis of the game is to be “obliged” or “voluntary” in a survival fight, where the last to stay alive is rescued only.
|Configuration||PRAÇA||PC (Lite)||Mobile (Android / iOS)|
|Operational system||Windows 7, 8 or 10 (64-bit)||Windows 7, 8 or 10 (64-bit)||Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) or higher / iOS 9.0 or higher|
|Processor||Intel® Core ™ i5 4430 or AMD FX 6300||Intel® Core ™ i3 (running at 2.4 GHz) or equivalent||Intel Quad-Core / Armv8 Dual-Core|
|RAM||8 GB||4 GB||2 GB / 1 GB|
|DirectX||Version 11||Version 11||–|
|Video||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB or AMD Radeon R7 370 2GB||models with DirectX 11, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or equivalent support||–|
|Space (HD)||30 GB||4 GB||1.5 GB / 900 MB|
Normal PUBG X PUBG Lite
Both versions of the game have the same base of features in gameplay; the difference is in the question of graphics: PUBG Lite has inferior graphics to work better on simpler computers, that’s all.
Crossplay in PUBG
Crossplay, when enabled, allows players from different platforms to be able to play the same game simultaneously. The gamers PC play with keyboard and mouse and can fight players Xbox with their joysticks, for example. If the user thinks the dispute is unfair, he can disable crossplay.
Basic PUBG commands
There are many commands in PUBG and all are configurable, the basic for the player to start participating in the battles is:
- Movement: to move, use the “W” keys forward, “S” backward, “A” leftward and “D” rightward;
- Attack: The left mouse button makes the player attack, either with punches, if unarmed, when firing their weapons;
- Aim: The zoom or aim is activated by pressing the right mouse button;
- Run: The “Shift” key makes the character run;
- Crouch: The “C” key makes the character crouch, good for seeking cover against opponent shots.
How to play PUBG?
PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds has, in its origin, 4 game modes. As time went by, new game modes were added and knowing each one of them is essential to know how to play PUBG.
Most played modality, has no ranking, indicated to gain experience.
TPP or FPP
These two acronyms correspond to the third person (TPP) and first person (FPP) vision, known in many other shooting games. This is the first option among game modes.
In this mode, the player joins 3 allies for his squad to survive the battle. In general it is the standard mode, the one that beginners start playing. The most important of this style is an efficient communication with your companions, one covering the other.
The player has only one ally in the game. The player has less combat coverage, but the travel to the end point of the game is agile.
Now you’re on your own, facing 99 opponents: it’s survival to the extreme. Shoot everything that moves and be careful when moving. Here you have no partner to cover you.
Here the challenge is for the strong, contraindicated for beginners. Your squad is limited to one participant (yourself!), While the other squads can have up to 4 players.
The “ranked” mode is the most competitive of the game and to enable the option it is necessary to have a reasonable level of experience (Level 40). Matches are limited to squads and one-man squads.
They are new and experimental PUBG styles. We currently have Team Deathmatch 8v8, where two teams of 8 players face off in direct combat. The mode is limited to first person view (FPP).
Ideal environment for beginners to get used to commands, weapons, create strategies.
These are less popular matches, with interesting modes.
- Zombie mode: where you play as a survivor or zombie;
- War Mode: a deadly confrontation with rebirths;
- War Mode: Conquest, 2 platoons facing off to control zones;
- ESports Mode: Competitive Battle Royale with the settings used in professional games.
Equipment is a defense or recovery item that helps the player survive.
- Helmet: Helmets protect the player from being shot in the head. Protection levels are 1, 2 or 3. Whenever you find a better one, replace it immediately.
- Backpack: Backpacks are used to carry more items in the inventory, the higher the level, the more items you can carry.
- Vest: The vests protect the player’s body, offering survival if shot. They have 3 levels, replace with the highest one as soon as possible.
- Medical Kits: Are you hurt? This is the best item for life recovery. They take a few seconds to use, so look for a cover or safe place.
PUBG weapons are divided into a few categories:
- Snipers and DMR: They are efficient weapons for long-distance combat, but not very agile in close combat;
- Assault Rifles: They are weapons used for medium and long range combat, very suitable for beginners, due to their versatility. Crosshairs can be added to your configuration;
- Submachine guns: Ideal for medium distance and close combat, its firing speed helps to eliminate the opponent in combat quickly;
- Shotguns: Very powerful with high damage, but effective only for short distances;
- Special weapons: On all maps we find heavy machine guns that are effective only at certain times. For example, as suppression fire, for your companions to be able to get around;
- Pistols: Short-range weapons used in initial, desperate, low-efficiency combat. Use them if you have no other weapon or in emergency situations;
- Explosives: Fragmentation, stunning, smoke and Molotov grenades. Useful in special situations such as invasion, protection and forcing enemies to move;
- Melee: Last resort or eliminate a distracted enemy. The most famous is the frying pan which, when stored, serves as a shield for shooting in the back.
- Shooting mode configuration: In the configuration> gameplay area, try to configure the shooting mode that best suits your style: automatic, burst, shot by shot. This may increase your ammunition efficiency and savings;
- Automatic recharge: choose between enabling or disabling. When activated, as soon as your weapon runs out of ammunition, the character will start reloading and spend time to do so;
- Automatically replace accessories: Since the idea is to always have superior equipment, it is interesting to activate this possibility right from the start;
- Equip aiming automatically: set it up so that it only occurs with holographic sights; the magnification sights will give you a fright if placed unintentionally at the time of the exchange of shots.
With these initial tips the player will be ready to take part in his matches. We hope we helped you know how to play PUBG. The game becomes more fun with practice. Survive and good games!
More information: support.pubg.com