As many of you will surely know, WhatsApp is not yet officially available for iPad. Therefore, in order to use the famous instant messaging application it is necessary to resort to alternative solutions. In this guide today we will explain in detail how to install WhatsApp on iPad using a couple of methods.
Before discovering together the main apps you can use to install WhatsApp on iPad, we wanted to make an important premise about the important things to know and do. First of all, before performing any operation, we suggest you make a backup of your iOS tablet using the desired method among those proposed in the guides below.
In addition to this, it should be pointed out that WhatsApp can only be used on one device at a time in its complete form, if you choose to use the first solution.
How to install WhatsApp on iPad via WhatsPad ++
The first method we advise you to use to use the messaging app on your iPad is WhatsPad ++. It is an application that can be installed on the iOS device without going through the App Store. In practice, you need to download and install the Cydia Impactor program (available for Windows, macOS and Linux) and then download the WhatsPad ++ ipa file.
Before discovering the steps together it is good to specify a couple of things. WhatsPad ++ is a third-party app (so unofficial), the latest update published on the site dates back to May 20, 2018 and is compatible with iOS 9, 10, 11 and 12.
That said, here are the steps to follow:
- Connect to the Internet site of Cydia Impactor using their favorite web browser and then click on Mac OS X, Windows, Linux (32-bit) or Linux (64-bit) depending on the operating system you have. In the case of Windows 10, make sure you do not run the .exe file as an administrator because it will not work.
- Once the zip package is obtained, extract the content using the appropriate program (eg WinRAR) and then connect the iPad to one of the computer’s USB ports using the USB cable.
- In the next step, double-click on Impactor.exe to start it and make sure that in the first drop-down menu there is the name of your iPad.
- Now, still the default browser, connect to the download page of WhatsPad ++ and click on the button Download to download the latest available release of WhatsApp for iPad.
- Once the ipa file is downloaded, use the mouse to drag it into the Cydia Impactor window.
- At this point, you need to enter the e-mail address and password of your Apple ID to allow the program to proceed with the installation. If you get an error message, it probably means that 2-step verification is active. To overcome this problem, connect to on the Apple website, log in to your Apple ID by entering e-mail and password and, in the new page that appears, click on the item Generate password under App specific passwords (in the Security section). Through the screen that appears, enter the name of the application in question in the field. Enter password label and then click on the Create button. You will get a specific password for Cydia Impactor to insert in the software to proceed with the installation of WhatsPad++
- After pressing the OK button, the installation of WhatsPad++ on iPad will start.
- At the end of the procedure, you will find the WhatsApp icon on the home screen of your tablet. To complete the operation, open the iOS Settings by pressing on the gear, select General, tap on Profile and click on your e-mail. Finally, click on Check. From this moment on you will be able to correctly start WhatsApp on the iPad where you can simply follow the normal initial procedure provided by the messaging app.
How to install WhatsApp on iPad via the Web application
If you don’t want to install third-party applications without going through the App Store, then the best solution is to take advantage of WhatsApp Web, which is the Web application made available by the developers of the instant messaging app to access your computer profile.
In this case, then, you simply open Safari and the browser used to browse on your iPad, log on to the website of WhatsApp Web and follow the wizard that is virtually the same as that which takes place on computers.
Then scan the QR code with your smartphone’s camera to authorize access. Alternatively, you can take advantage of applications such asand .