While Browsing the Internet, many times we come across images with text, logos and watermarks. This often means that this image is the intellectual property of someone, so it is good, before using it, if the latter is equipped with logos, written or watermark, ask the owner for consent to use. Removing a logo, a writing or a watermark from a photo is by no means a difficult procedure. If you are wondering how to do it, you are in the right place, in fact in this article we will show you how to remove writings, logos and watermarks from photos or images.
Remove writings, logos and watermarks with Photos
The app present in Windows 10, in addition to allowing the viewing of photos, it also allows the modification through basic and interesting tools.
To remove an image from a picture, logos or watermarks with Photos you will have to follow simple steps:
- open the photo you want to edit by pressing the right mouse button and selecting Edit with Photos;
- open the image, click, in the sidebar, on the Adjust tab;
- at this point select the item Spot fix, then click repeatedly on the writing or logo to be deleted (starting from the outside), until it is completely gone;
- finally, to make the changes effective, you must click on the Save button, or, if you want to keep the original image, on the Save a copy button.
Remove watermark online for free with Photopea
Thanks to this completely free WebApp, you can delete logos and writings from any image quickly and easily.
To remove the watermark with the latter the procedure to follow is really simple:
- open a browser compatible with HTML5 (the latest versions of Edge, Firefox, Chrome) and go to the Photopea site;
- open the image by going to File and then to Open;
- when the latter has opened, you can make the correction. There are three tools that can remove something from an image, but the most practical and fast is Spot Healing Brush Tool, which you will find by clicking on the button in the shape of a patch;
- chosen the instrument, you can select the size and shape of the panel;
- at this point you will have to select the area from which to remove the writing or logo. For a better result you can repeat the steps until you are satisfied;
- once the correction is completed, you can download the result by clicking on File and then on Export as, in order to save the photo on the PC.
Remove watermark using GIMP
GIMP is a completely free open source program, suitable for photo editing. It is easily installed on any platform. For macOS and Windows you just have to go to the site, download it and, once it is finished, execute the procedure. On Linux it is generally found on all the base repositories, so just look for it in the package manager.
To eliminate the text and logos on an image through GIMP, the procedure to follow is as follows:
- click with the right mouse button on the image to be modified and select Open with…, then select GIMP
- open the image on GIMP, click, in the side bar, on the Patch tool ;
- just below, you will find the Tool Options panel, here you can adjust the shape and size of the panel;
- arrived at this point, you can intervene on the image by selecting the area to be corrected. In case you are not satisfied, you can repeat the procedure until the desired result is reached;
- finally, once the procedure is complete, to save the result, all you have to do is go to the File menu, then to Save.