The main topic of our new guide today is how to see the ping on Fortnite if you want to find out what caused a sudden instability of the Internet connection during a game with the popular videogame developed by Epic Games.
- Ping: what is it?
- How to see pinging on Fortnite from a computer
- How to see the ping on Fortnite from smartphones and tablets
- How to see the ping on Fortnite console
Ping: what is it?
Before you see how to discover the ping on Fortnite, you need to know first what is ping and what is the optimal value to be able to play the well-known title without having problems with lag. Ping, which stands for Packet Internet Groper, is a system that is used to calculate the timing of data transmission from point A to point B. In the case of Fortnite, from the device where the game is played to the title servers.
The ping is expressed in milliseconds ( ms ) and is one of the main indicators used to measure the quality of the Internet connection. The optimal value must be maximum of 80 ms. Therefore, in addition to this, ping is insufficient and can lead to delays in data transmission. In the case of Fortnite (and in general on games), this insufficient data can lead to latency problems.
How to see pinging on Fortnite from a computer
After seeing what is ping and what is the optimal value, we can now finally move on to the main topic of our guide today.
If you play Fortnite from your computer, then consider the steps we list below:
- Launch the game from your Windows or Mac PC and select the game mode of interest by pressing the appropriate menu item.
- At this point, wait for the end of loading the game and press the Esc key on the keyboard.
- Once logged in to the Lobby screen, start a new game and press the Play button.
- Once this is done, wait for the system to find a game to assign to it and press Esc on the keyboard as soon as it starts to access the top box containing all the team details.
- From the menu that appears, click on the gear at the top right, always press on the gear button in the menu bar located at the top and choose the Interface tab.
- Now, make sure that the Actual Debug Statistics option in Settings is set to Yes and confirm by pressing Apply.
- In the next step, return to the game screen where you will find the ping information at the top left of the display.
How to see the ping on Fortnite from smartphones and tablets
As many of you will surely know, Fortnite can also be played on Android / iOS smartphones and tablets by downloading the appropriate application.
Let’s see the steps to follow to discover the ping:
- Start the game by pressing on its icon and wait for the main screen to load.
- Through the Lobby section, start a new game by pressing the Play button at the bottom right.
- As soon as the game starts, tap the 3 dashes at the top right and press the gear icon shortly afterwards.
- Now, from the Settings screen, tap the gear at the top of the menu bar and choose the Interface tab.
- Just as seen on a computer, make sure that the Actual debug statistics option is active and then confirm by clicking on Apply.
- Now, just go back to the game screen to find the ping in the upper left.
How to see the ping on Fortnite console
If you’re playing the Epic Games title from your console (whether it’s a PlayStation or an Xbox ), you can discover ping in just a few simple steps.
Let’s find out what they are:
- Launch the game on your console and choose your favorite game mode between Save the World or Royale Battle.
- At this point, wait for the main screen to load (ie the Lobby ) and start a new game by pressing on Play.
- Once started, press the menu button on the controller, press the gear and then access the Interface tab using the controller keys.
- Complete the procedure by activating the Actual Debug Statistics option and go back to view the ping number in the upper left.