Android and iOS are two different smartphone operating systems and compete for each other for the best. Both companies are doing their best to beat the opponent. However, users of both operating systems face too many problems due to this competition.
Both have not yet created a useful application for data sharing. So it was very difficult to be able to transfer data from Android to iOS in the past. But now you can transfer data from Android to iOS with the help of some third-party applications.
If you have purchased a new iPhone and you need to switch from Android to an iPhone or you need to transfer data from Android to iOS, for any reason, then this article is right for you.
You will no longer have trouble transferring data such as videos, music, images, contacts or anything else from Android to iOS. Today, I’m going to share some applications and methods with you through which you can transfer data from Android to iOS. Let’s begin!
How to switch from an Android smartphone to an iPhone
Recovers emails, contacts and calendars
Your emails and registered contacts are often managed by a service like Google (Gmail), Microsoft (Outlook, Hotmail, Live.com) or Yahoo. You may have also made the choice to use the address provided by your Internet operator.
In any case, the iPhone is able to connect to these accounts and retrieve e-mails, contacts and calendars that are on the servers. Go to the settings under “Account and password” then “Add account”. A list of email providers appears, touch to enter your credentials or “More” below to set up your account manually.
The alternate method, if you do not use an online service for one of these functions, the software or applications can take care of the transfer via computer or even directly from one smartphone to another Wifi.
You can use the “Copy my data” application to get this. First, install the app on your old Android smartphone (via Google Play Store ) and then on your iPhone (via the App Store ) and start the application ensuring that both devices are connected to the same wifi network.
Tap “Next”, then “To or from another device via Wi-Fi”. The other device will be displayed on the iPhone, then select “Copy data from the selected device” and confirm the PIN displayed on the screen. It remains to choose the data to be transferred to the Android screen and validate.
Our smartphones also play the role of the walkman. Recovers music from Android by connecting the device to a computer and then activates the USB memory so that the device’s memory appears as a removable disk on your computer.
Copying it to your computer is usually located in the folder / Music / of your smartphone. Open iTunes, click on “Music” and drag these files to the interface. Now connect your iPhone, select it in the device list and select “Sync music” in the dedicated section, then apply to finalize the action.
Photo and video
We have seen that the “Copy my data” application could handle the transfer of certain data. The photos and videos are part of them, but in case of error you will have to redo everything again with iTunes if you want to recover the images on the new device.
Connect your Android and copy and paste the images usually stored in the / DCIM / folder into a folder on your computer. Then open iTunes, select your iPhone and click on “Photos”. Check the box “Sync photos from” and select the folder for your images. Do not forget to apply the procedure.
Alas, there is no way to transfer applications from Android to iOS because they are incompatible. But most of the apps on the Play Store or their equivalent are also available in the App Store. However, you will have to put your hand inside your wallet a little more often (there are more free apps on Android than iOS).
Visit the Apple App Store, renewed with iOS 11, and browse or search in your apps.
We saw with photos and music that a simple copy and paste allowed to recover your Android files. This is also the same for files such as DOC, Excel, PDF, etc … For PDF files, you can use the Apple iBooks application.
To transfer files to iOS, the easiest way is to use iCloud via the icloud.com website with your Apple ID. Once on the site, go to “iCloud Drive” to import your documents.
On iCloud Drive you just have to use the icons to send the files, it will synchronize with your iPhone and will be accessible through Apple applications (Pages, Numbers, Keynote) or through third-party applications.
How to switch from an Android smartphone to an iPhone using Move To
Move To is the first application that makes this transition easier than ever. You can use it to transfer data from an Android device running Android 4.0 or higher to an iOS device with iOS 9 or higher.
Move To is able to transfer images, videos, calendars, contacts and text messages from Android to iOS. Android has introduced this application with the launch of iOS 9. You can also install free applications on iOS or that are available on the Apple store like Twitter and Facebook.
We connect the Android device with the iOS device with the help of WiFi connection and transfer the data. Follow the instructions below.
1. The first thing you need to do is go to the Play Store and download the application.
2. Now open the application and click on the “Continue” button and then on “Next”. You will be asked for a 10-digit code.
3. Now go to your Apple device, go to the App & data screen and select “move data from Android”. Your iPhone will now create a private WiFi network automatically and start searching for your Android device. A 10-digit security code will appear on the screen of your iPhone.
4. Enter the code on your Android device and select the data you want to transfer such as messages, contacts, videos and images. Once you have finished selecting, data transfer will start on the iPhone.
5. You can check the data on your iPhone after completing the transfer.
How to switch from Android to iPhone using Send Anywhere
The second method I want to share with you is using the Send Anywhere application. It is available free for both Android and iOS. It allows you to transfer images, videos, contacts, music and much more from Android to iOS.
Follow the steps below to start using Send Anywhere.
1. First of all, download and install the Send application on both iOS and Android devices.
2. Now open Send on both devices. Touch the enter button on your Android device and select the files you want to transfer.
3. The application on the sender’s device will generate a PIN. You will see it on your screen.
4. Now click on the Receive button on your iPhone and enter the PIN. So you will start sending files wirelessly.
How to switch from an Android smartphone to an iPhone via Phone Transfer
This is the best and easiest way to transfer data from Android to iOS. This method allows you to transfer files between any smartphone like Blackberry, iPhone and Android. You can transfer videos, images, music, calendars, messages, contact list, etc. from an Android device to an iPhone with the help of Wondershare MobileGo.
Follow the instructions below!
1. Purchase, download and install MobileGo on your PC.
2. Now run the application, click on super-toolkit from the top menu. A new window will be displayed, click on the data transfer window.
3. Connect the Android and iOS device to the PC with the help of USB cables. The MobileGo software will automatically detect devices making a new window appear.
4. Now you can easily transfer data from one device to another device easily.
You must log in with your Facebook or Twitter account to transfer data from Android to iOS or vice versa with MobileGo. Calendars can not be transferred sometimes.
It’s not a free app, but one of the most recommended applications to transfer data from Android to iOS. It has support for all Android devices that work with Android 4.0 or higher and iOS devices that work with version 9 or higher.
Follow the instructions below if you wish to use this application.
2. Click on the start button.
3. Connect your Android device and iPhone via the USB cable.
4. Now you will see a new window appear just like the MobileGo app.
5. Select the data you wish to transfer or move/copy directly from your Android device to the iPhone.
This may look like something incredible, but you can transfer some data from your Android device to your iOS device via Gmail. Keep in mind that your iOS version must be 7 or higher. You can transfer contacts and calendars with the help of Gmail.
1. Go to your Android device settings and click on Accounts and sync and enter your Gmail account.
2. Select the contacts and click on the sync now button. All contacts and calendars will be transferred from the Android device to your Gmail account.
3. Now choose your iOS device or higher, go to Settings> Mail, contacts, calendars> Add account> Google.
4. Log in to your Gmail account and sync all contacts and calendars to your iOS device.
These are the 5 best ways to transfer data from Android to iOS.
If you liked the article, please share it thanks.
In this article, we talked about how to switch from an Android smartphone to an iPhone. Have you used the manual procedure or an application?
- 1 How to switch from an Android smartphone to an iPhone
- 1.1 Recovers emails, contacts and calendars
- 1.2 The music
- 1.3 Photo and video
- 1.4 Applications
- 1.5 Other documents
- 1.6 How to switch from an Android smartphone to an iPhone using Move To
- 1.7 How to switch from Android to iPhone using Send Anywhere
- 1.8 How to switch from an Android smartphone to an iPhone via Phone Transfer
- 1.9 Through Syncios
- 1.10 Use Gmail