Uploading HD photos and videos to the Facebook Mobile app. When you upload photos or videos to Facebook using the mobile app, by default the standard quality. Frankly, many people prefer to upload standard quality photos and videos, particularly if they are using their mobile data to do so.
If you’re the one who is paying attention to the pixel and would prefer to upload the best possible quality of your photos or videos, you can do so by changing a setting in the app. The process is slightly different depending on whether you are an Android or iOS user.
Uploading HD photos/videos to Facebook iOS
- Tap the burger menu button in the lower right corner.
- Go to Settings and Privacy and touch the arrow to expand the menu. Tap Settings.
- Scroll down to Media content and contacts and tap Videos and photos.
- To upload HD videos, under Video settings, activate Upload videos in HD. To upload HD photos, under Photo settings, activate Upload photos in HD.
Uploading HD photos/videos to Facebook Android
- If you’re using Android, touch the hamburger button in the upper right corner. (The rest of the instructions should be the same for both operating systems).
- Go to Settings and Privacy > Settings.
- Tap Media content and contacts.
- To upload HD videos, activate Upload videos in HD. To upload HD photos, activate Upload photos in HD.
If you prefer to upload HD videos, we recommend that you do it on WiFi, considering the time and expenses that can be associated with uploading a large file using your data.