uTorrent is a famous BitTorrent client developed not only for Windows, MacOS and Linux, but also for Android, it is also one of the P2P clients most used by users.
It is also distinguished by a remarkable simplicity of use and allows you to download any type of file (even multiple files at once).
So let’s see how to install and especially how it works uTorrent on Android: the procedure is very simple and fast.
- Install uTorrent on Android
- Configure uTorrent on Android
- Download from uTorrent on Android
- Manage uTorrent for PC from Android
Install uTorrent on Android
First, go to the Play Store, click on Install and wait for the download of uTorrent terms.
If you prefer instead to install the paid version (costs 3.99 dollars), then install uTorrent Pro from the Play Store.
In fact, the Pro version has several advantages:
- allows the use of the program without any advertising interruption;
- automatically stops Torrent when the battery is about to discharge;
- automatically closes the app when a Torrent download is finished.
Configure uTorrent on Android
- Open uTorrent and click on the button with the three lines vertically (top left).
- Now select Settings and from the screen you are viewing you can configure uTorrent.
- If you click on the download limit and upload limit you can set the limits based on your needs.
- Select On for Auto Start if you want the app to start automatically when the device turns on.
- Select On for Wifi Networks only if you prefer to download Torrent only from Wifi and not under 3G/4G network.
- The first three options under the heading Pro ( without advertising, auto power off and battery saver ) are obviously available only for uTorrent Pro.
Download from uTorrent on Android
- Open uTorrent and click on the magnifying glass icon at the top right.
- Type the name of the file you are going to search, click on Search and the default browser will open with a search on Google.
- Alternatively you can search for files to download directly from Torrent sites (if you do not know which one to use, see our guide on the best Torrent sites).
- If you download a .Torrent file by clicking on Download in a site, you must go to the Android Download app or file manager, and open the file with uTorrent, while if the visited site supports Magnet Links, click directly on its icon (usually a red magnet) to automatically start the download on uTorrent.
- Once you have started downloading a Torrent, first click on the Torrent name and then on the File item to select the files to download (in case the Torrent contains more files), and to set the download folder click on the item Details and then on download location.
- If you intend to delete a torrent during the download, then press the Torrent name for a few seconds and then click on the trash can icon in the upper right-hand corner.
Manage uTorrent for PC from Android
You can also manage uTorrent for PC directly from your Android device (smartphone or tablet).
If used as a Windows operating system, follow the following steps:
- Open uTorrent, click on Options in the upper left and select Settings.
- Now select the Remote item, check Enable Remote uTorrent access and enter a name and password (required for authentication).
- Finally click on Apply and answer the security question that will appear.
If you use MacOS instead, follow the following steps:
- Open uTorrent, click on uTorrent in the upper left and select Preferences.
- Now select the Remote item, check Enable remote uTorrent and enter a name and password (required for authentication).
- Finally click on Login to save the changes made.
Now to manage everything from the Android device follow the following steps:
- First check that your computer and Android device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Then open uTorrent on Android and select the icon with a monitor at the top right.
- At this point enter the 4-digit PIN (which will appear on Android) directly on the computer.
- Now you can manage computer torrents directly from your Android smartphone or tablet.