The Skype, instant messenger and video conferencing software of Microsoft allow blocking and unblocking a contact easily. Still quite popular in the corporate world, you probably have contacts in it, and you may already have gone through the idea of barring one or the other inconvenient, or people you do not know where they came from, asking to speak to you.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to block a contact on Skype, and if you hit the regret or arise the need, how to unblock it.
Blocking a contact on Skype
Blocking a contact on Skype is quite simple, and useful for keeping junkies (mostly spammers ) and people you no longer want to contact from harming you. The best thing about Skype is that the software does not clearly tell the inconvenience that it has been blocked, so it will take time for it to understand that it has been “put on the ice” by you.
- Right-click on the Skype contact you want to block, and then on View Profile;
- Go to the end of the profile options, and click Block Contact;
- In the next window, click Block.
You can also report the contact to Skype by linking the Report abuse key of this person, and then clicking Block.
And ready. The blocked contact will no longer be displayed among those available.
How to unblock a contact on Skype
To unblock a Skype contact, you need to access the blocked contacts menu, which is within the Skype settings.
- Click the Menu button, next to your profile name (the three dots) and then Settings;
- Click Contacts, and then click Blocked Contacts;
- Hover over the contact you want to unblock, and click the Unblock button.