It may happen that WhatsApp does not send audio for a variety of problems that may depend on many factors. In this article we have examined every possible scenario and its solution to enable you to solve problems related to downloading or sending WhatsApp audio messages.
There are many common causes of problems related to the multimedia aspects of WhatsApp and, as we read in the official FAQs, some of the best known are:
- Your phone may have connection problems.
- Phone date and time are not set correctly.
- There is a problem with the SD card:
- There is not enough space on the SD card.
- The SD card is set to read-only mode.
- The SD card is damaged.
If you have checked all these items and your problem persists, then it is time to go into details.
More detailed solutions
The first thing to do is carefully check that your iPhone or Android smartphone has an active Internet connection and good signal coverage. To verify this, try opening the web browser on your mobile and uploading a web page. If you are sure you are properly connected (try also to connect to a different Wi-FI or different hotspot), then check that the date and time are set correctly on your smartphone. If the date is incorrect, it is not possible to connect to the WhatsApp servers to download audio messages or send them.
Problems with microSD
If you use a microSD on your Android smartphone, then it can happen that WhatsApp is having problems saving audio messages on the SD card. If so, here’s how to solve:
- Check that there is enough space on the SD card. If your SD card is full, WhatsApp can save nothing. Delete unnecessary files to create space.
- Check that the SD card is not in read-only mode. Try saving a file or photo on your SD card that doesn’t come from WhatsApp (perhaps using your smartphone’s camera). If the file is saved, it means that the card is not read-only and WhatsApp should be able to save the files. In the event that you are unable to save any files, it means that the card is in read-only mode. You will need to change this setting. For this operation the procedure changes from smartphone to smartphone.
- If there is enough free space and it is possible to save the files on the SD card, but you still cannot save the files from WhatsApp, it may be necessary to delete the WhatsApp data from the SD card.
IMPORTANT: This operation will delete ALL backups of WhatsApp chat history as well as all downloaded files.
Remember step 2, where did you check if the SD card was in read-only mode? If you can’t save files, then maybe your SD card is corrupt. In this case it will be necessary to reformat the SD card. This means erasing the entire SD card and resetting it: this operation will erase ALL data from your SD card.
You can format the microSD like this:
- Go, in your Android smartphone, in Settings > Storage.
- If present, tap Unmount SD card.
- Touch Format SD card or Delete SD card.
- Restart the phone.
If these instructions do not work, you may have problems with your SD card and you may need a new SD card to send and/or receive files.
If you still haven’t solved it, then …
If you have reached this point in the guide it means that you have not solved the problems and WhatsApp does not send audio. At this point you can only do one thing: go to this page to check if the WhatsApp servers are working or not.
In this case, all you have to do is wait and wait for the problem to resolve itself: it does not depend on you but on the non-functioning WhatsApp servers.