Several manufacturers have decided to bring wireless printers to the market, allowing them to have fewer cables spread across the desk and to use them remotely through a simple connection to the Internet. In this new guide today, we will explain in detail how to find the printer’s IP address in a few simple steps using different solutions, including Android/iOS smartphones and tablets.
- How to find the IP address of the printer from the same
- How to find the printer’s IP address from the modem
- How to find the IP address of the printer from a Windows PC
- How to find the printer’s IP address from the Mac
- How to find the IP address of the printer from Android
- How to find the IP address of the printer from iOS
How to find the IP address of the printer from the same
The first solution that we propose to find the IP of the device is to use the same printer. Almost all wireless models also have an LCD display where you can access a variety of options, including the ability to identify the IP address. As each menu differs from one model to another, it is difficult to offer the precise steps to access this section. However, often you just need to go to the Settings menu or to the configuration menu and find the entry for Network Settings and to view the IP address.
Alternatively, try finding the item to check the connection. At this point, just wait for the end of the test and then print the report that also contains the IP address of the printer. To get more information on the whole procedure, we advise you to read carefully the user manual supplied in the package or access the support page of the website of the manufacturer of your device. Below is a link to the Internet portals of the most famous parent companies.
How to find the printer’s IP address from the modem
Another very simple and quick solution to find the IP address of the printer is to use the administration panel of your modem/router. Accessing the latter, in fact, you can see all the devices connected to the Wi-Fi network with lots of IP addresses, including that of the printer.
Let’s see the procedure to follow:
- Open the default browser on your Windows or Mac PC (eg Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Edge ), type 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 in the address bar and press Enter. If you can not log in, we recommend that you identify the IP address of your router on the label (found on the back of the modem/router) or in the user manual. Alternatively, we recommend that you read our guide on how to find the router’s IP address.
- At this point, from the login screen to the management panel, type admin/password in the respective fields and press the button to log in (which is usually Login).
- Once you have entered the main interface of your router’s administration panel, go to the LAN Settings, Connected Devices or Local Network section and find the name of your printer in the list that appears.
- Now, in correspondence of the IP Address section, you will find that of the device.
In case of problems, we suggest you take advantage of the support page of the official website of the manufacturer of your modem/router. Find some useful links below.
How to find the IP address of the printer from a Windows PC
If you have a computer with the Microsoft operating system in front of you , then you can find the IP address of your Wi-Fi printer by simply accessing the Control Panel.
To do this, follow the steps that we refer to below:
- From the search bar at the bottom left, type in the control panel and press the first result that appears. Alternatively, if you have an older version of Windows, first press Start and then look for Control Panel.
- At this point, from the window that appears, press on Hardware and Sound and then on Devices and Printers.
- Now, find the Wi-Fi printer in your possession among the listed devices, right-click on its icon and choose Printer Properties from the context menu that appears.
- After that, click on the card connected device where you will find the ‘IP address at IP Address and/or unique identifier:.
In case the connected Device card was not available, you most likely connected the printer to your computer via USB cable. In this case, click on Properties. The IP will be in correspondence with the entry Standard TCP/IP Port.
How to find the printer’s IP address from the Mac
If you have a Mac, then you can find the IP address of the printer using Terminal.
Let’s see the steps to follow:
- From the Dock, open the Launchpad and then press the Terminal located in the Other folder. Alternatively, search for it using Spotlight, in the Applications folder or using the Siri assistant
- Once the terminal window is open, type the command arp -ae date and press Enter.
- Once this is done, the complete list of IP addresses of devices connected to the same network to which the Mac is connected will automatically appear.
- At this point, simply enter the IP address in the list of devices found.
How to find the IP address of the printer from Android
If you have a smartphone or an Android tablet in your hands and would like to know what the IP address of your printer is, then you can use a simple application called IP Tools. In short, this completely free software allows you to find out the local IP address of the individual devices connected to the network to which the Android device is connected.
That said, let’s see how to use the app:
- Grab your Android smartphone or tablet and proceed to download IP Tools from the Google Play Store.
- Once the installation is finished, start the application and press the 3 dashes on the top left.
- At this point, from the side menu that appears, press the LAN Scanner item and press the arrow pointing to the right that you find at the bottom right.
- After scanning, IP Tools will show you the devices connected to the Wi-Fi network complete with MAC Address, manufacturer name and IP address.
How to find the IP address of the printer from iOS
Finally, if you own an iPhone or an iPad, you can use the excellent free Network Analyzer application. Inside, the software has a series of tools that allow you to analyze the network in detail.
Let’s see together how to make the most of it:
- From your iOS device, proceed with the download of Network Analyzer from the App Store.
- Once the installation is complete, click on its icon in the iOS home screen to start it.
- Now, click on the LAN tab you find in the menu at the bottom of the iPhone or from the side menu on the iPad (accessible by pressing the two arrows on the top left).
- Once this is done, tap the Scan button located at the top right to see the complete list of all the devices connected to the Wi-Fi network to which the iPhone or iPad is connected.
- The IP address of the printer will be on the left of its name.