By activating synchronization, all your data, such as passwords, history and favorites, will be saved to your Google account.
In this way, therefore, by accessing any device, you will always find all your data.
In fact, in this guide we will see not only how to activate synchronization on Chrome, but also how to disable it, should you change your mind.
How to enable and disable Chrome sync on computers
Here are the steps to follow to turn on synchronization on your computer:
- First start the browser and click on the icon of your account at the top right.
- Now select Turn on sync and if you have not already logged in with your Google account, enter the email and password, and click Next.
- If you have previously logged in with another Google account, a screen may appear asking you to confirm your identity.
- At this point click on Turn on in the screen where the item Activate synchronization is present.
To disable synchronization, follow these steps:
- First click on the button with the three vertical points on the top right and select Settings.
- Now under the heading People click on Disable under your account.
- If you prefer to delete also history, password or other, insert the check mark at the entry Delete favorites, history, password and more from this device on the next screen.
- Finally always from the same screen click again on Disable.
How to enable and disable Chrome sync on smartphones
Here are the steps to follow to enable synchronization on your smartphone or tablet (both Android and iOS ):
- First start the app and click on the button with the three vertical dots at the top right (if using Android) or on the button with the three horizontal dots at the bottom right (if you use iOS).
- Now select Settings and click on Access Chrome if you haven’t already logged in with your Google account, and select your account.
- At this point, first click Continue and then Ok to activate synchronization.
To disable the synchronization instead click first on the button with the three vertical/horizontal points, then on Settings, select your Google account and click Exit Chrome.