Do you have little time to finish that YouTube video or episode of a series on Netflix? You can increase the playback speed of the video to watch it faster, of course, if you don’t mind the busy scenes and dialogues. See how to do this on YouTube or Netflix using browser plugins (Chrome or Firefox ).
Increase video speed on YouTube
YouTube already has a feature to adjust the speed of the video being played, once this setting is changed, it will be standard on all other videos played in the account.
On the computer:
- When playing a video, click on the gear icon in the lower right corner of the player;
- Click on the option “Play speed”;
- Choose from one of the pre-defined speeds or click on “Custom” in the upper corner of this menu to set another value.
On the smartphone just touch the icon of the three balls to open the menu, while playing the video and choose the option to adjust the speed.
Unlike the desktop version of YouTube, you cannot customize the playback speed setting. The resource is limited to 0.25x, 0.5x, 0.75x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 1.75x and 2x.
Increase video playback speed on Netflix
A fact that Netflix has been testing the control of playback speed for a while, but officially launched the feature only on Android.
However, there are browser extensions that do this job, whether it’s Google Chrome or Firefox.
- In Google Chrome, download and install the Video Speed Controller extension;
- Access Netflix content (the extension also works with YouTube);
- The control will be in the upper left corner of the video, when you click on this number, the options will appear to increase or decrease the speed.
If the control does not appear, press “V” to display it.
The extension works the same in Firefox, just download and install the Video Speed Controller.