Streets of Rage 4 lets you play with classic characters in addition to the initial four, including retro graphics as a possible surprise. But you need to unlock them first, even if it’s not that difficult. Learn how to unlock all Street of Rage 4 characters.
Streets of Rage 4 characters
The adventure of Streets of Rage 4 begins with Axel, Blaze, Cherry and Floyd, the four central and main characters. Of these, the first two are classic and have been present since the first game of the saga.
Later, Adam, another classic character, is unlocked as soon as players complete the fourth phase of the game. That is why it is not considered “secret”, as it appears as a consequence of the advance in history.
But, to unlock the other 12 extra characters, it’s not such a difficult task. It’s actually almost automatic, but a guide can help you know what they are and how they come to your team.
An interesting detail of Streets of Rage 4 is that the extra characters are basically retro versions of the current ones and also of other classics in the series.
Thus, it is possible to play with Axel, Blaze and Adam, but using the graphics and moves seen in Streets of Rage 1, for example.
Unfortunately, besides the initials, there is not a new figure among the extras. They are present as a mere tribute.
How to unlock
To unlock the extra fighters in the game, just complete a certain amount of points as you defeat enemies and complete stages. It is important to focus on adding points, distributing punches, combos and dying little.
Thus, at the end of each phase, these points are calculated and added to a large bar that measures the progress. With each goal achieved, a new character is unlocked.
See the full list of when the player achieves each, in ascending order:
- Axel (Streets of Rage 1 version) – 200 thousand
- Adam (Streets of Rage 1 version) – 250K
- Blaze (Streets of Rage 1 version) – 310 thousand
- Axel (Streets of Rage 2 version) – 390 thousand
- Blaze (Streets of Rage 2 version) – 480 thousand
- Skate (Streets of Rage 2 version) – 570 thousand
- Max (Streets of Rage 2 version) – 650 thousand
- Axel (Streets of Rage 3 version) – 730 thousand
- Blaze (Streets of Rage 3 version) – 840 thousand
- Eddie (Streets of Rage 3 version) – 940k
- Doctor Zan (Streets of Rage 3 version) – 1.05 million
- Shiva (Streets of Rage 3 version) – 1.15 million
Achieving everyone is not an easy task. It is possible to finish the game and not unlock them all, since the maximum number of points is not so simple to achieve.
So the recommended thing is to repeat the levels or play online, with other players, to add more and more and unlock all of them.