Big news for Instagram: Now you can send voice messages in the chat. How to send voice messages in the Instagram chat. Instagram voice messages, here’s how to send them
Instagram Direct: voice messages in chat
The notorious audio comes also on Instagram: here’s how to use the new function and send voice messages.
After numerous rumors and testing phases, Instagram has finally released the new feature called walkie-talkie.
As you can easily imagine, it offers new possibilities for interaction through Direct, the part of instant messaging of the social network.
Basically, this new feature allows Instagram users to send voice messages to other users within the social network. Nothing different than what happens on WhatsApp so to speak, but it is a function requested loudly by users and that finally arrives on Instagram.
How to send voice messages on Instagram Direct
Using the walkie-talkie function to send voice messages to Instagram is easy.
It will be enough:
- open Instagram
- go to the section dedicated to private messages between users (Direct)
- select the user to whom you want to write (starting from an existing chat or a new chat)
- instead of typing a new message, just press (and hold) on the microphone button to send the voice message. The key to send voice message on Instagram is at the bottom right, in the appropriate editor used to write the text message: next to the option to send photos and videos, we will find the famous microphone to send voice messages.
The voice message sent via Instagram Direct can then be listened to by the recipient just like on WhatsApp.
Maximum duration of voice messages Instagram
Just remember that on Instagram the voice messages have a maximum duration of one minute, remain permanently listenable instead of disappearing and work in single and group chats on iOS and Android.
Also remember that:
- by stopping to hold down the icon we can automatically send it
- scrolling to the left you can trash everything (in case we want to try again to record the message or cancel the sending).
The new feature is already available worldwide on Android and iOS, so anyone can try it.
For the moment the voice messages, they can be sent only through this path, then via Direct (private messages between users). However, their implementation in the immediate future can not be ruled out even in the Instagram Stories: the possibility of commenting on a story through audio would widen even more the possibilities of the social, making our communication even simpler and more immediate.