In this guide we will see how to add music from Spotify on Instagram stories. Let’s all the methods to share the songs you are listening to.
As we all know, on Instagram you can share songs running on Spotify, iTunes or Google Play or directly from the Music sticker. The app will capture the song to be included in our story, so as to give a background music. So to add Spotify songs on Instagram we can play them on the music app when we record a story, but this is just one of the methods used to post Stories with music. Here are the tricks and steps to do.
How to add Spotify Music to a story
- Open the Spotify app
- Go to the song you want to add to your Instagram story
- Press the icon … top right
- Press Share> Instagram Story
- The Spotify screen will appear to open Instagram
- Click on Open
- The cover photo of the song will be uploaded to Stories
- You can move the photo anywhere on the screen
Once the story is published, the word Play on Spotify will appear under the user name to hear the entire song on the streaming music app (only if the user has the app installed on the phone).
This method allows you to share the photo of the individual listening on Spotify but without background music. Because you can also hear the audio you will spontaneously go to the Music sticker, but the warning will appear that says You can not add a song to a story that you shared with another app. You can then only add the title and artist of the piece manually, going on Aa or pencil.
- Open Spotify
- Take a screenshot of the song you are listening to
- Upload the photo as an Instagram story
- Go to the Music sticker and search for the desired song.
- Press Play to listen to it and, from the time bar, select the portion of the song you want to share reminding you that the maximum will be 15 seconds.
- Publish the story: will have the photo of the cover of the album/of the single of Spotify and the music in the background, with title and name of the artist.
Does it work if I have headphones? The answer is no. If you upload the story while listening to the music with the earphones, Instagram will not capture the sounds.
- Launch Spotify
- Play the song you want to add to your story and use the tempo bar to choose the portion of the song you want to add, then pause
- Start Instagram and tap the camera icon in the upper left corner
- Now play the song on Spotify and tap and hold the button to start recording at the same time
- Tap on the (+) Your story button to publish it.
This is the easiest way to add the Spotify track to an Instagram story (both videos and photos), but keep in mind that in addition to the song, the microphone will capture all the other noises and sounds of the surrounding environment, and the audio quality will also be lower than that of Spotify.