28 free applications for iPhone and iPad to edit photos and to apply filters, colors and special effects.
An iPhone is, today, the most used device in the world to take photographs.
The iPhone camera in fact, especially from the 4s version, is of excellent quality and is capable of capturing high-resolution images, almost as if you were using a professional camera.
To take pictures, however, the iPhone does not have an integrated tool to apply changes, to enhance images or to add special effects and you need to download an app.
In the photographic industry, there are about a million applications available on the Apple App Store, so, among these, you have to do a little ‘selection and choose only the best ones, which can be installed for free.
In this list, some of the best app, free, for iPhone and iPad to take pictures with more editing options, with filters and special effects to apply to images.
1) Snapseed for iPhone and iPad is perhaps the best application to edit photos by applying filters and special effects using your fingers on the screen.
2) Fotor is another app (already described) very powerful to edit photos from the iPhone, free.
6) Canva, app to edit photos of extraordinary quality, at the level of Fotor, which comes from the online service of Canva.com, ideal for creating banners, thank you cards or covers and images for Facebook and many other graphic projects.
7) Adobe Photoshop Express is the free application that brings Photoshop on iPhone and iPad.
In reality, many photo filters and special effects are paid but, for basic modifications such as cutting, cropping, changing light, contrast, brightness, basic effects, borders, frames, etc. are available for free.
8) VSCO Cam does a lot more than Instagram and it does it better, especially the filters always manage to make a better photo,
With VSCO Cam you also get access to its community, where to find portraits, selifes and other edited photos.
It offers a very minimal interface that can be easily used to edit photographs, make cut-outs, change exposure, temperature, or apply effects and filters of all kinds.
VSCO Cam has become very popular due to its automatic filters that significantly change the appearance of the photo to make it look, in some cases, more dramatic or, in other cases, retouched by a professional.
9) Litely is a new free application, similar to VSCO Cam, with many filters for high quality photos.
In addition to filters, there are standard photo editing tools such as exposure compensation, brightness, vividness of colors and more.
The app is simple and very beautiful to see and use.
10) Private Photo Vault is a good free app for iPhone and iPad that allows you to better manage the photos you have taken, saving them in the desired album directly.
This application also allows you to protect albums with passwords, create a slideshow, take photos from the app and other things.
13) Pixlr-o-matic is a great app to improve photos with lots of filters and effects of all kinds, completely free.
14) Timer Apps is a free application only for a limited period.
It allows you to set a timer to make multiple shots in series, in rapid succession.
When the trial period expires, you can install a similar app called Auto Shutter which, instead, allows you to set the timer to take the picture.
16) 100 Cameras in 1 Free is a photo editor with different photo effects to enhance photos taken with the iPhone.
The paid version includes 100 more effects.
17) Camera Plus allows you to add to the camera tools such as auto focus on a point, shutter, timer, simulated flash, image cropping, black and white conversion and sharing via Email or via Facebook and Twitter.
18) Pixable allows you to quickly browse all the photos and videos published by Facebook friends.
19) Crop allows you to crop and rotate images without losing quality.
20) Photo Rotate and Crop , in addition to cropping and rotating images, also allows you to make some changes to the photos and share them or upload them to Dropbox or Evernote.
21) Camera + is the best alternative to the default camera of iPhone and iPad.
Use iCloud to sync photos between devices, so iPhone users can take a photo and edit it on their iPad.
If you edit a photo on one of the devices, these changes will be synchronized and received by others.
The same applies to deleting a photo on one of the devices.
Camera + for iPad is a version optimized for the tablet.
22) Color Splurge allows you to apply that effect for which a part of the photo is colored and stands out, while the rest remains in black and white.
23) Pixlr is a great app to give the photos some very modern effects and then share the images on social networks. The application for iPhone and iPad asks to create an account or log in with the Facebook account.
To create a new photo, just click on the camera icon at the bottom of the screen and shoot.
You can add an effect to a photo already saved in the iPhone by tapping the Gallery button.
The effects do things like changing the colors and tones of the image or changing the edges to give it a personal touch.
The images, if shared, can be seen by other Pixlr users and can enter the gallery of the most widely viewed images in general.
24) Pho.to Lab, another great free app, is less strong in sharing but richer in special effects to edit and improve photos.
Pho.to Lab has very funny effects and allows you to apply photomontages quickly putting your face, for example, instead of Santa Claus or inside the cover of a magazine.
In the free version, some effects are not available but there are still many, divided into various categories: monsters, photo filters, cartoons, magazine covers, collages, drawings, frames and more.
Pho.to can also take new photos to edit directly or edit the gallery images.
25) Afterlight 2 costs 2.99$ but is worth much more and allows you to use photo editing effects to create a perfect photograph.
Afterlight comes with 15 different adjustment tools, 74 image filters, 128 frames and almost 80 textures.
27) iQuikDof is an advanced photo editor that allows you to create depth, to highlight parts of the images leaving the rest blurred.
28)Instagram is the most famous free application to improve photos, correct defects, apply filters and special effects and also to share images on social networks and on instagram itself.
The wealth of effects, all free, and the quality of the images that can be obtained have made the fortune of this application that is among the most popular and downloaded in absolute.